What I'm Working On (and Nails!)

Below is my current knitting WIP (work in progress). A pair of fingerless gloves for a swap partner. For those not up on the goings on of Ravelry. There are many groups, with varying interests. Some of these groups host thematic swaps, where you get a package together based on your partner's favorite things (and I'll receive a package as well from my secret partner). This swap is based on your favorite color, but there are others, tea swaps, dishcloth swaps, ones that have a inexpensive dollar limit, etc. This one is the "Color Swap" and my partner's colors of choice are red and aqua. The gloves a nice 100% cotton, which is her favorite fiber.

The project bag the knitting is resting on matches very well, but is not a part of her package. I won that bag by entering a drawing from one of my favorite video knitting podcasts, "Craft Stash".

Photobucket

For this week's manicure I used the base coat and top coat of choice, Orly Bonder and Seche Vite which provides a nice shine. The actual polish is Zoya's Suvi. I tried the sandwich method of polishing, in hopes my polish won't chip as badly as the China Glaze mani from last week. Base coat, color, another layer of base coat, color, then top coat. I also was careful to wrap my nails good, which is putting some of the polish on the edges and under the nails to create a nice seal. I adore green and really like the shiny, shimmer for this color.

That's it for now. I plan on using a different color each week and posting.

0 comments: