What's in a Name Challenge 2011

As previously posted in 2011 I want to read...more. So here's reading challenge number four:



What's in a Name Challenge

You can click on the above linky for more details, but in short you have from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011 to read a book in each of the following categories. Creativity with your choices is encouraged and I already have some tentative selections listed below in bold.

A book with a number in the title: Life of Pi by Yann Martel (this one is a bit of an imaginative stretch) Possible substitute: Match Day: One Day and One Dramatic Year in the Lives of Three New Doctors by Brian Eule

A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier Possible substitute: The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson or A Pearl in the Storm by Tori Murden McClure

A book with a size in the title: The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken

A book with travel or movement in the title: Run for Your Life by James Patterson Possible substitute: The Long Run: A New York City Firefighter's Triumphant Comeback from Crash Victim to Elite Athlete by Matt Long and Charles Butler

A book with evil in the title: Known to Evil by Walter Mosley Possible substitute: Devil in a Blue Dress by Walter Mosley (I've always wanted to read a book written by him.)

A book with a life stage in the title: The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

I have a few non-fiction substitutions ready in case I need a change of pace from the many other fictional, themed books I have to read for other challenges. This is a really popular challenge and I'm happy to be joining for my first year. I'm already having fun combing through the other participant's selections. Yay for books!

0 comments: