Crusin' thru the Cozies Book Challenge 2011

Ok, that's it! My final challenge for 2011:




Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge 2011

There's a really great description of what a cozy mystery is at Cozy-Mystery.com along with a million very helpful suggestions (bookmarked, yes!). The reading sounds nice, relaxed and more lightweight than other genres of mystery, like noir or hardboiled. Sure, those have their place, but sometimes I want a chill little read, infused with some humor, set in a quaint town, with the local yarn store owner or baker solving the mystery without reading each blow-by-blow gory detail of the crime to get my adrenaline pumping so hard that I can't sleep after I've put it down. Something I can curl up with while drinking some hot tea and eating cookies while wearing my handmade socks. Doesn't that sound so very...cozy? I thought so, so I just had to join this challenge. I'll be participating at the Snoop level (1 - 6 books)

My selections (no one should be surprised that I have a couple of knitting themed cozies):

Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton

Death by Cashmere by Sally Goldenbaum

Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen

Murder has a Sweet Tooth by Miranda Bliss

To Love and to Perish by Laura Durham

I was recently gifted a lovely cozy mystery from a knitting pal of mine that I'm adding to the list:

Murder on the Ol'Bunions by LaTisha Barnhart

So that completes the listing of my reading challenges for 2011. If I finish all of the books I intend on reading I'll have read 20 books for the year. I don't think I've ever counted the number of books I've read in one year, but 20 doesn't sound ridiculous. I haven't been watching nearly as much television lately and my 'going out on the weekend' days have dwindled so I'm sure completing all of these challenges will be doable and fun!!!!

*books I already own

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Welcome to the challenge! You chose some great authors - I've been dying to read Sally Goldenbaum. Hope you have fun with this.

iggystar said...

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to this challenge, the genre seems so inviting.