A Night of Stars

Last night I attended an award dinner honoring employees with 15 or more years of service at my job. I started working at HAP (an HMO here in Michigan) right out of high school, so I'm celebrating 20 years. It was nice, I got a neat pin, but what I was most impressed with was the menu. When I have the extra money to dine out, it's usually a chain restaurant, so I was really happy to be treated to something different and a little more upscale.

Baby spinach salad with chopped egg, toasted almonds, mandarin orange segments and warm Brie vinaigrette (I don't know how long it's been since I've eaten a salad that didn't consist of Romaine or Iceberg lettuce!)

Sauteed chicken breast with Michigan Cherry Chutney

Dauphanoise (didn't know what that was) potatoes (however it was absolutely delicious)
Blistered tomato (mmmm, yeah didn't like that as much)
Roasted root vegetables
Asparagus & Parisienne Carrots (i.e. really tiny carrots...tiny)

Butterfiner Bombe (I still don't know what to make of dessert. It had a hard shell and mousse inside which didn't taste butterfingery. I enjoyed it though.)

That was highlight of the evening. I took my mother and we left once the dancing began.


Today, I had so much planned but since I slept late I'm lounging around the house today, keeping my brother company. (He's out of commission for the next five weeks after ACL surgery.)

0 comments: