You Never Blog Anymore....

I know. Honestly, if there was more going on in my life I would. As it stands I could, for the most part, post this entry today and in three months all you would need to do is input the new date. I guess that's not a horrible thing, I certainly don't mind my routine, but I don't think "I stayed home this weekend and watched television", is really blog-worthy reading.

So here's the quarterly update of some new stuff:

I'm knitting consistently now. I'm slow as a turtle in finishing projects, but they're getting done. I don't have too many UFO's, but my stash is growing faster than my finished items. My ADHD won't allow me to do anything for long periods of time (I'm self-diagnosed, mind you :), so I knit for 20 minutes, read, play my DS, surf the net, check Ravelry for 45 minutes, look at knitting magazines for 30 minutes and then get back to my project. Yes, I spend more time researching knitting than actually knitting, which is ridiculous, but it's what I do.

I think I've grown much more confident in my knitting. I don't feel the dire need to run to a class everytime I want to try something new. This was proven during the last series of classes I purchased at my LYS. I wanted to learn how to knit socks and thought I required a teacher's assistance. Not that the class didn't help, but I found I really only needing it for a few parts of the pattern. If I got stuck at home I'd go to Knittinghelp.com, YouTube or one of the 15 reference books I own. I still have four classes left which I'll use to learn a toe-up cast on and two-at-a-time. I'm sure those will be enough to demystify both of those techniques and I'll follow up at home.

Same for crocheting. I wanted to dust off some ancient crocheting skills, so I signed up for a class at Joann's. The teacher wanted to hold my hand, but I wanted to move forward. By the end of the hour I had half a scarf of single crochet, double crochet and half-double crochet stiches, while my poor classmate had a mess of yarn at her hands. (I encouraged her to sign up for other classes, if I can be crafty, anyone can.). If I can't figure out more advanced stitches, granny squares, etc., on my own, I'll sign up for one or two crochet classes at my LYS to fine tune my home training.

So that's about it for now. I'm playing Scribblenauts on my DS, which I have a love-hate relationship with that I'll detail in another blog.

Until then, happy knitting/crocheting/crafting/gaming!






0 comments: