Ouch!

My wrist hurts and it's bumming me out.

I'm not shocked since my job has included lots of typing and data entry for the past 20 years. There are times when my wrist gets sore then heals on its own, no biggie. But due to some less-than-ergonomic knitting sessions last week, no breaks and holding my needles with a death grip, all of this activity has produced a dull ache in my right wrist which has completely dampened the fun in my crafting sessions. I'm not at all happy about this turn of events at all.

I'm trying to rectify this situation by exercising my hands, icing, making sure I'm sitting correctly, knitting with as little motion as possible, wearing crafting gloves and although my discomfort isn't getting worse, it isn't getting better either. I guess there's only one solution...taking a break. I have three small projects for the Ravelympics and two to complete before I go on vacation then I guess I'll have to slow down or stop...even if it's for a few weeks.

I don't want to slow down! I've got my knitting mojo back, I've reorganized my Ravelry queue for goodness sake! I have projects lined up with reasonable timeframes to complete them. I'm feeling confident that I can complete 2010 goal of pushing my skills. Sigh...

Hopefully a break will allow me to heal completely. I have two other things I'm going to try on my own, a nightly ice dip and a little weight strengthening (very, very, light weights). If I'm still hurtin' then I'll have to see a doctor. Now that would be a major bummer.

0 comments: