A brief blurb about 2011

Shortly 2011 will be here and I've been thinking of things I want to accomplish in the coming 12 months. Not resolutions, because I don't subscribe to coming up with a list solely based on a new year rolling around. These are projects for myself, my growth that I'm already working on for the most part, just tweaking and expanding a bit. Here is what I'm going to focus on:

  • Being more consistent with my knitting, finishing more projects (at least 11) and trying my hand at a few more techniques (two-at-a-time socks, entrelac, my first sweater).
  • Learning how to crochet using the four classes I have left at my local yarn store.
  • Losing weight. A common enough goal which I've already started (14lbs. since November). I'm thinking of at least 30 - 40 more pounds slowly would be very good for my health.
  • Along with the weight loss goal, increasing my physical fitness. I walked my first half-marathon in October and my plan is to finish two in 2011 along with a few 5K runs and fun walks with Alexis. So consistent exercise is going to be a must.
  • Playing casual games for relaxation...and finishing some of the backlog of games I have for my DSi.
  • I want to read more in and I'm planning on participating in about four book challenges to keep me movitivated.

Those are my goals mainly relating to hobbies, there are others, keeping a cleaner house, etc. If I focus on the above I'll be plenty busy in 2011!

0 comments: