Monday Ramblings

First, let me thank everyone who has taken a moment to read my blog and and another thanks to those who have left comments. What's that saying about a tree that falls in a forest when no one is around? Whenever anyone decides to read an entry, that means I really did post it!

The Ravelympics are going well. My wrist feels much better and I'm making sure to stretch before knitting, taking frequent breaks and making sure to knit ergonomically. Great news!

....however, I have some new body quirk that presented itself last week. My hand are itching and there is no rash. Just the top of my hands, too. I get no relief from scratching either and sometimes it feels more like a pinprickly pain than itching. I've searched every internet resource I could think of and I've decided either I'm going completely insane or just falling apart. Seriously, it could be nerve damage, a bad liver, allergies, B12 deficiency, any number of things. If it doesn't get better I'll go to the doctor and let him google it and tell me the same, but until then I'll just deal.

Oh, I've discovered that Benadryl is useless. It only makes you so drowsy that you don't care about annoying itching and you pass out like an addict.

I have five more days before I'm headed out to Cancun. I think I'll ignore the weather forecasts because it's gonna shine my entire vacation and that's that. Being the procrastinator that I am, I've done ZERO packing and have only manage to compile a to-bring list in which I know something is missing. Whatever...I'm determined that I'll have everything completed by Thursday! I did manage to purchase my vacation reading material which is as important as the passport, IMO.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Diela said...

It's probably nerve irritation or inflamation... that thing I went to the emergency room on my vacation? Nerve inflammation. I'd give your wrist more rest or see the doctor before you leave... you *don't* want to have to see a doctor on vacation. It's annoying and expensive, lol.

iggystar said...

Hm, that's interesting. I think I'll have to call my physician.

Thanks!